Checkbox list with json input data

Hello Team,

I am experiencing problems with Checkbox list component. If I just have the list items as [ “Item 1”, “Item 2”, “Item 3” ], the checkbox clicking functionality is working as expected.

But if I have the checkbox list data input as "[{ “lob”: “Item 1”, “policy”: “1232134” }, { “lob”: “Item 2”,“policy”: “1232134” },{ “lob”: “Item 3”, “policy”: “1232134” }], then checkbox clicking functionality is not working as expected. On clicking on checkbox, nothing is selected but if I click on the label, it’s working fine.

Not sure why it’s not working when clicking on Checkbox if the data is in JSON format. Attached my app here. Could you please help me to fix this problem.

Untitled_App-2022-08-15T16_23_06.395Z-full.branch.zip (17.7 KB)

Hi @Narendra, interesting this seems like an issue with the checkbox list control. Let me take a look and also raise it with our engineering team.

Thanks @ismaen! Any luck with this ?

We found the issue, which is essentially that the events are not bubbling up to the parent container when you have a child container.

A workaround for this at the moment is to essentially take the logic on the selectable container of the checkbox list

And add it to the individual checkbox.

With that said, this is being looked at by engineering and I will keep you updated on this!

1 Like

Thanks @ismaen for the work around. I will give it a try and let you know the outcome.