How to open Modal from Page layouts and Custom controls Button action

Hello,

I am unable to add open model dialog from both Page layout button or Custom control button action. Is there anyway I can trigger modal dialog ?

Thanks,
Narendra

Hello @Narendra, I have done a video to demo this, and attached an exported app for you to have as well. Please let me know if this answers your question : )

Modal_trigger.zip (17.0 KB)

1 Like

Thanks Ackerman for your response! Nice to meet you here.

I can understand Modal can be opened from web flows button. but I think my question is more about Button action in the Page Layout or Custom Control.

for ex, I have a button on the Page layout or custom control and added button… I am unable to trigger open dialog modal from button actions.

Thanks,
Narendra

Nice to meet you too, @Narendra, and apologies - I misread your question. I have put the button to open the modal in a page layout and it is working. Please let me know if this is what you’re looking to do or not

Modal_trigger_from_layout.zip (17.1 KB)

Thank you again. Yes, that’s what I am looking for. But when I try in my app, I can’t see that option.

I tried to import your application and deleted that action but I can’t see option to add it again. Do you think it could be permission issue?

Interesting… I am seeing the same problem. I copy/pasted my button from the web flow into the layout, so the action came with it by default. I also am seeing that we can’t add a modal action when adding a new action to a button in the layouts. I’m going to ask some folks here to see what’s up, but in the meantime, if you make a button in a web layout and add a modal action to it and then copy that to the layout, that ‘should’ work. I’ll follow up here when I have more answers for you, ok?

Sure, Thanks Ackerman for you help on this .

1 Like

@Narendra, this is possibly a bug. We’re looking into it now, but in the meantime, if you create the button with the modal actions on it in a web flow and then copy it to the layout or custom control, it should work. Apologies for the headache, and thanks for finding this!